i was talking to warner on the phone earlier this evening when an idea that had been floating around my head was brought to the surface. we were talking about some kid and his aspirations and something about teaching came up and it brought to the front of my mind the idea of myself becoming a teacher. i've toyed with this idea, because of the sheer influence i would be able to have on young people (the best stage in life to get to people, obviously), but i can never figure out who i would want to teach - the subject is slightly less important as of now. the upside to being a professor is getting mature students and deciding my own cirriculum, but chances are i'd do so in philosophy or some humanities, and in turn get students that are already somewaht interested and exposed to ideas that i want to emphasize to youths. any children below early high-school age are not mentally mature enough to handle concepts that i would want to get across to them, and later high school students would listen, but the ciriculum wouldn't be my choice. so where do i aim?
then this thought came to me. one that seems to be a tough goal in reality, but would be a fruitful investment and project, i think. i would love to open my own school. like a private school, but free. with teachers willing to teach for free. or as free as we could make it; charge and pay all parties involved the bare minimum in order that the school could continue to operate. in this case children of many ages would be there to influence and ciriculum would be of my own, or the teachers own choices. the problem here is that in making a single private school is that very few people would be influenced by it and poor people could not afford to pay for it if we were to have to charge to large an amount.
either way, a school in which i could teach my own philosophy of life and leave the rest to the children, and provide necessary teachers for any topic that they may be interested in, etc, would be a great way to influence people, and one of the few ways to get to a great many people through honest means, it seems.
the only easy day was yesterday
- ► 2008 (74)
- but why male models?
- im too lazy to actually say anythig
- La Di Da Di
- what should've been. the real super bowl xli, sept...
- its not about joey
- Drop Sneakers Not Bombs
- Thursday will see the 10th aniversarry of the dea...
- From Today's Paper
- peta sent me a self righteous email
- I Have No Idea What To Name This Post.
- dude can jump
- Vick Jukes Legal Blitz
- Plato's Opinion
- some fun thoughts and a few thoughts that came to ...
- This or That
- An Inspired and Complete Meditation on Alchohol, a...
- The Academy
- You Want The Truth? YOU CAN"T HANDLE THE TRUTH!
- Battle in the Bay
- The Michael Vick Experience
- New Shits
- Sean Taylor, Sing it Brother
- You, yea you.
- The Possesive Glare
- Paved Paradise/Atomism 2k7
- Goin' Dumb Like The Ringer
- Just Knowin' That the World is Round
- Is Reason Reasonable?
- Of what avail is the proud outcry?
- I Love Football
- The Rational Latte
- Over Population
- The Trolley Problem
- I want to see you when you finally figure out what...
- This sign warning residents of the South Sudan cap...
- and if i wasnt, then why would i say i am
- ▼ August (40)