the only easy day was yesterday
Wednesday, July 18, 2007
On Men and Morals
Ive recently been faced with a moral dilemma of sorts, however let me give some background first. At my graduation party last month i got into a fight with my Uncle and dad's cousin regaurding some rather ignorant comments they made regaurding Islam, Israel, and economics. I argued that their ignorance and racism were morally wrong and indefensible (whereas even the "Well its just an opinon" did not apply). After the dust settled and some some days past my father began hassle me with hard moral dilemmas. After driving a friend to a party (so as he could get drunk) then driving home, my father asked me "Is it moral to facilitate his incapacity, when you yourself are opposed to drinking?" I still wonder today whether I am being a responcible individual by being a (permanent) designated driver (thus putting the kabosh on drinking and driving) or am I myself being irresponcible and immoral by faciliating behavior which I myself am morally opposed to?
- ► 2008 (74)
- Education, Shmeducation
- Remembrance of Posts Past
- For Francis...
- Archie probably doesn't care anymore
- I was just thinkin' I shoulda thought
- A sad(der) day for Falcons fans...
- Sportsnation makes me want to cry
- We all stupid, dumb ditty dumb?
- A man is judged by the company he keeps...
- On Men and Morals
- Aint nobody love me 'less Im broke niggas, lord fo...
- "The hottest places is in hell are reserved for th...
- The lessons you read are not your own, she taught ...
- I found that the men most in repute were all but t...
- Goin dumb like we're in special ed...
- To laugh, or not to laugh?
- Give it up for the dead guy knowing what he's talk...
- We love money...and narcissism!
- Todays News
- My Purpose
- ▼ July (22)