the only easy day was yesterday
Friday, July 13, 2007
Give it up for the dead guy knowing what he's talking about after all
The general topic of the last few posts has reminded me of a book. A book I quite liked. It's called Breakfast of Champions and it was written by the late Kurt Vonnegut - Posthumous appreciation is the only kind of appreciation for the arts! Breakfast of Champions deals with many of the issues I argue in contemporary America -60 years or so since he's written has only been time to exacerbate the problems he confronts. The correspondence to the topic of the past few posts is this: He specifically says, in plain, in your face Vonnegut style, that he's sick of litterature these days using characters as a means to an end in the story and that that style of writting is only conducive to that type of behavior in the lives of the readers, and the same readers learning to have no respect for the next man's humanity.
- ► 2008 (74)
- Education, Shmeducation
- Remembrance of Posts Past
- For Francis...
- Archie probably doesn't care anymore
- I was just thinkin' I shoulda thought
- A sad(der) day for Falcons fans...
- Sportsnation makes me want to cry
- We all stupid, dumb ditty dumb?
- A man is judged by the company he keeps...
- On Men and Morals
- Aint nobody love me 'less Im broke niggas, lord fo...
- "The hottest places is in hell are reserved for th...
- The lessons you read are not your own, she taught ...
- I found that the men most in repute were all but t...
- Goin dumb like we're in special ed...
- To laugh, or not to laugh?
- Give it up for the dead guy knowing what he's talk...
- We love money...and narcissism!
- Todays News
- My Purpose
- ▼ July (22)