I'm not too clear on black african history outside of America, nor am I very clear on the extent to which female opression has extended through time and through the world, so excuse me if I am historically out of line.
It seems that every time I turn on the t/v there's someone patting America and it's inhabitants on the back for their progress in racial tolerance and gender equality - do people really need to feel good about themselves for (doing a very shitty job of) correcting a problem that is so obvious. Last time I checked genetics still provide the blueprints for life, and barring the quantum properties of the chemical proponents of the DNA, have given life and undoubtably egalitarian nature - so why do we, as a life form so evolved that we can consciously fuck something so intrinsic to life as equlity of beaing of the same species, congradulate ourselves for unbearably slowly fixing our mistakes. The people who we praise for breaking through these "barriers" are the ones who, for the most part, realize what a stupid fucking deal racism and sexism are and how they should just be realized and forgotten and human life can move on. This may be an American thing, I don't really know because I've never been anywhere else to hear what their sports shows have to say about it, but either way as a species we need to realize our huge fuck up and get over it. Instead of honoring the people who have actually realized what needs to be done and transcended the way shit happens, we should take our time to say wake the fuck up to everyone who is to lazy to think about how stupid the whole thing is and just take whatever is spoon fed to them, and especially time to remember who it was who first started slavery, who first placed women under men in our species' hierarchy, and the men who came up with the ideas that colors of skin other than white, and humans without dicks were inferior. Is this to say that, in particular, sports' efforts to transcend racial and sexual 'barriers' are useless? Yes, absolutely. We all know that the problem is retarded - stop picking the damn scab, you idiots.
the only easy day was yesterday
- ► 2008 (74)
- Education, Shmeducation
- Remembrance of Posts Past
- For Francis...
- Archie probably doesn't care anymore
- I was just thinkin' I shoulda thought
- A sad(der) day for Falcons fans...
- Sportsnation makes me want to cry
- We all stupid, dumb ditty dumb?
- A man is judged by the company he keeps...
- On Men and Morals
- Aint nobody love me 'less Im broke niggas, lord fo...
- "The hottest places is in hell are reserved for th...
- The lessons you read are not your own, she taught ...
- I found that the men most in repute were all but t...
- Goin dumb like we're in special ed...
- To laugh, or not to laugh?
- Give it up for the dead guy knowing what he's talk...
- We love money...and narcissism!
- Todays News
- My Purpose
- ▼ July (22)