No, we're not talking about aquinas right now. I just like the line. The topic is just a question worth being brought to the attention of those who have not yet confronted it. It's called Pascal's Wager, and it goes like this:
if you believe in God, and he exists, you go to heaven
if you believe in God, and he does not exist, you wast your sundays (live a pious life, etc)
if you do not believe in God, and he exists, you go to hell
if you do not believe in God, and he does not exist, it's all good
Pascal said that logically, there's no question. if you believe in God, you're much better of and safer because you aren't going to hell. I'll leave it at that for now, if anyone shows interest I'll get into it more later.
the only easy day was yesterday
- ► 2008 (74)
- At the gates will Thomas ask to see my hands?
- If you were watching towarsd the end of the 2nd q ...
- "If we are forced, at every hour, to watch or list...
- Why "Jokes" Still Make Me Really Uncomfortable and...
- Oh no
- I have to go take a test, but real quick... maddy ...
- "...we coulda tooken that chance..." - forida gato...
- Made yah look
- Representative Pete Stark, D-Fremont, On Health In...
- "There is another way to rank colleges already, it...
- The Ontological Essay
- Marion Jones & Co.
- This is a response to the question of why "that th...
- Chapter 4
- Chapter 3
- The Ontological Argument "Chapter 2" Explained
- The Ontological Argument
- ▼ October (17)